I can only cope if my life is organised. Now that I’m off on maternity leave I’m having to get used to a whole new way of life again and it feels ever so slightly strange. No more timetables, no deadlines, it’s time to go with the flow and take each day as it comes. Having said that, I still have to stay organised with certain things; the days little B is booked in for childcare so that I can have some peace and quiet and I still have to meal plan otherwise we’ll end up either eating utter rubbish or having meals from the freezer for days on end. I find it really helps if I have my organisation on display- that way it hits me in the face if I need to get something out of the freezer to defrost in time for dinner and makes sure that I can’t miss a chance of coffee and cake with a friend. Here’s some inspiring noticeboard ideas that could become your mission control! If only I had room for one – when we finally get round to renovating the kitchen I will definitely be making space for a noticeboard area.
1. Sew Many Ways shares the noticeboard in her sewing room. I think I’d end up using each board for a particular part of my life.
2. SAS Interiors has this brilliant idea for utilising an otherwise wasted area of wall. This is my dream!
3. Now, this wouldn’t be any good for me as I like my stuff to be right in front of my face otherwise it just doesn’t work for me. But others can’t stand the clutter of a noticeboard on display so On The V Side has this clever idea to keep it all hidden away inside a kitchen cabinet.
4. Muyingenioso has these fabric covered cork place mats from Ikea. I love that you could tie these in with whatever fabric you had chosen for your soft furnishings or colour code them according to whose things go on each board.
5. La Boom shares this fabric organiser. I like the idea that you can match this to your soft furnishings but also adapt the size of the pockets according to the things that you generally collect on a noticeboard.