One of the things that many of us often view negatively is our own bodies. Here’s five ways to love your body
1. Fitness – A bit of activity where you work up a sweat and you’ll feel better about a lot of things. Certainly, your body will feel stronger and you’ll feel a sense of accomplishment.
2. Fuel – I spend a lot of time telling the teachers and parents that I work with that ‘you get out what you put in’. This is as true for the food you put in to your body as the support you give a child. Having adopted a questioning attitude towards food of ‘how will I feel if I eat this?’ and ‘what effect will this have on my mood/ wellbeing?’ I’ve really noticed a positive difference in what I’m eating, with a positive impact on how I feel.
3. Body positive – Don’t worry about what others think of your appearance, be confident in who you are.
4. Rest – If you’re like me and working full time when you’re not chasing around after two small people, it can be really difficult to find time to rest. It can be even harder not to feel guilty for taking a little time to yourself. Follow my self-love ideas on Instagram this month for a little nudge into taking some time for yourself.
5. Sleep – Lots of it. My Dad has always said that everything looks better after a good night’s sleep and he’s absolutely right. Later in the year I have a whole month of prompts planned to help to improve your sleep.
Picture credit: <a href=’https://www.freepik.com/free-vector/abstract-green-background_1506223.htm’>Designed by Freepik</a>