Mindfulness: a mental state achieved by focusing one’s awareness on the present moment, while calmly acknowledging and accepting one’s feelings, thoughts, and bodily sensations, used as a therapeutic technique.
Or as I like to think of it – a bit of ‘me time’ to just be. A way of calming yourself and bringing yourself back to a happy place. This is how I like to spend those moments:
- Boho Berry has a step by step guide to drawing mandalas.
2. Colouring books. I have this one from Tiger at the moment. The act of finding the same colour for each part of the repeating pattern is soothing.
3. Running. I’ve written about my initial adventures in running here, but I know that if everything is all going wrong or I just need some peace, a run is the best way to find it.
4. Read. Lose yourself in a good book. I’ve just finished this (and immediately had to reread it so I could truely understand what was going on!) and I can highly recommend it!
5. Play. Lose yourself in a pile of Lego – toddler company optional!