Mummy, I want a ‘nack’ (The toddler still can’t put a ‘s’ at the beginning of a word!). For a long time I had relied on the convenience of a pre-packed bag of someting. That was until I read the sugar and/or fat content of those little delights and I’m now making a real effort to give him something more wholesome.
Here’s some inspiration for healthy snacks for your nearest and dearest.
- @babyfooduniverse has loads of great ideas to get vegetables into your small people without them realising!
2. @shelbystra shares these protein balls.
3. @imperfectparents has lots of great ideas. My little ones would love these frozen yogurt cups in the summer!
4. Muffins are always a hit and you can pack them full of healthy bits and bobs. These Butternut squash oat muffins are shared by @mintedbliss.
5. @creativefunfood shares lots of great ideas. Why is that children will eat fruit if it’s cut up and made into a cute animal but show them an apple and they run a mile?!
I hope you’ve enjoyed the inspiration I’ve shared this month for getting something healthy into youre children! Next month Five Things Friday will concentrate on Mindfulness and Wellbeing for Adults. Hope you’ll join me!