Last week I took a look at some of the ways I like to become mindful of my surroundings and take time (when I get the chance) to relax. This week I’m going to share some of the ways I like to relax when I get a chance to get crafty. Hopefully they’ll inspire you to make a creation of your own!
1. Papercrafts – make a card for a celebration. This one was for a new arrival to the world.
2. Bake – This Chocolate and Raspberry tart that I made for Mother’s Day a few years ago was rather delicious!
3. Sewing – Before children, I used to do a lot of sewing, now I don’t seem to find the time. This sewn canvas is one of my favourite pieces.
4. Make something for someone else – These are some chocolate cupcakes that I made for my Cinderella as part of the ‘Good Fairy’ scheme that we had in one of the schools I worked in. This is an explanation of how the Good Fairy scheme worked.
5. Make stuff with the kids. This was a castle that I made from a humble cardboard box. The kids had more fun playing with this than they did their Christmas presents that year!